Slovenia News

The Trade Union of Slovenia Stands for Extra Crisis Allowance to the Most Deprived Workers

The Trade Union of Slovenia demands an increase in the crisis allowance for the most deprived groups of workers to EUR 500. The organisation calls this amount “a worthy allowance.” Photo: pixabay/ccipeggy The Covid-19 Emergency Response Act states that employers are paid a monthly crisis allowance of EUR 200 for each employee who works and

Continue Reading →

The Second Package of Measures to Support the Economy of Slovenia Is Signed

According to STA, representatives of economic associations called on Prime Minister Janez Janša and some ministers to consider preparing a second legal package of measures to assist Slovenia’s economy sector that would provide liquidity after production restarts. President of the Slovenian Chamber of Industry and Commerce (GZS) Boštjan Gorjup estimated that this package should be

Continue Reading →

The First Legal Mega-package to Combat the Effects of Coronavirus Pandemic Is Coming

The Government of the Republic of Slovenia has presented the first package of legal measures #protiKoronapaket# (PKP1) to mitigate the effects of the infection with the new Covid-19 coronavirus, which should enable the economy and state structures to support business and escape from the crisis, while preserving the social security level of all groups of

Continue Reading →

Slovenian Retailers Are Well Stocked – Consumers Can Be Calm

The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia understands the recent concerns of consumers due to the current situation associated with the spread of coronavirus. Photo: pixabay/Mojpe However, it is stated that retailing companies are well stocked and have sufficient supplies to provide all residents of the Republic of Slovenia. It is also emphasized that

Continue Reading →

Slovenian Economy Grows by 2.4% in 2019

According to the first estimates of the Slovenia’s Statistics Office, the gross domestic product (GDP) of the country rose by 2.4 last year. Besides, 1.7% of the total growth was achieved during the last quarter of 2019. Photo: pixabay/nattanan23 Exports increased by 4.4% in 2019. A year earlier, the growth rate was 6.1%. In 2019,

Continue Reading →